Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Diagnosis

I am sick. I have been told by educated professionals that I have a fatal disease. It is a disease that I have been carrying in my body since birth. Though doctors in all fields have tried and searched for an answer and a remedy, there is none to be found. The diagnosis is that ultimately I will die. I have been told that there is no way of knowing when this disease will overtake me. It could be today, it could be tomorrow, it could be years from now. But it is slowly deteriorating my body every day to the point that one day I will take my last breath. At times I forget about such a thing that lives within me, but then there are those moments when the very thought overtakes all of my being and I feel that all hope is lost. The interesting thing is that because of this disease I have come to realize that life and my time here is a precious gift.
Yet to make things worse my disease is a hereditary disease. I received it from my father as he did from his and what breaks my heart is that I have passed it on to my son Ethan. He too has been diagnosed with this disease that doctors can’t figure out and he too has a limited amount of time to live. It is because of this disease I can’t play the game of life. It is because of this game I seek to enjoy life to the fullest and learn to laugh at myself. It is because of this disease I push on to speak of the hope that is found in Christ Jesus.
My diagnosis is not a good one, but neither is yours. For you have the same disease. It is a diagnosis of sin and it is slowly killing us all and everyone we come into contact with. Therefore we must all come to the realization that time is indeed of the essence.
Scripture References: Romans 3:23; Romans 6:23; John 3:16; John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment