Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Da' Bears and Satan

Oh Chicago Bears fans, you have waited years and years for this moment - a viable quarterback. This was going to be the year. After years of complaining that you had a defense but no quarterback (much of which I would have to agree with) you finally got one in Jay Cutler. The NFC North was now yours for the taking. Sure the Packers are strong, but now you have the missing piece. Sure the Vikings are the division champs, but eight in the box and it would be over. Sure the Lions....well I'm sure you praised the Lord for the Lions. The year was looking good, but what? What was that? A stirring in Minnesota? A quarterback? A quarterback familiar with the division? A quarterback who has some miles but still has enough gas in the tank? That's right Bear fans, Brett Favre is back. As the news hit the air-waves across this nation I could just hear Bear fans begin to crawl back into their caves for hibernation. Victory was in their line of sight, but now the return of Brett Favre has darkened the horizon for Bear fans. I imagine Satan is feeling the same way. With victory in sight and with the world falling farther and farther away from their Creator I'm sure he is wiping his jowls. But what is that? On the horizon? A Warrior! A Savior! A Leader who has fought the fight, is familiar with the ways of the world, One who has overcome the world. Jesus Christ! (I know you want to shout superstar right now but hold on). The truth is Jesus said, "I am coming back. Soon and very soon. So be ready!" And He actually said it more than once. So just as many Bear fans got the air sucked out of them, Satan too will experience the let-down of being an 'all-most'. Sure Brett Favre's return was exciting to hear and watch and it probably will reshape the football season, but Jesus' return will rock this planet and will reshape everything. So are you ready?
(Sorry for any Bear fans this might have insulted. If it makes you feel any better I'm pretty much like Thomas when it comes to the Chiefs. I just don't have enough faith in them, but I'll believe it when I see it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment